Center for Industrial Heritage
is a unitary unit of the University of Rijeka that realizes programs of scientific research and high-level activities through the implementation of projects in the field of cultural heritage.
The Center’s work is based on several segments of action, among which research, education and tourism are particularly emphasized. With regard to the organization of the University of Rijeka, as well as the economic potential of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar and surrounding counties, special emphasis is placed on cultural tourism and the exploitation and protection of historical and artistic heritage.
at Center for Industrial Heritage
- systematic research and documentation of industrial heritage,
- establishing dialogues with institutions important for the protection of industrial heritage,
- designing projects within the national and international industrial heritage protection system,
- organization of forums, debates and expert events related to topics related to industrial archeology and cultural goods,
- organization of educational tours of cultural heritage of importance for all age groups,
- maintenance of educational programs for tourist guides, tourists, accompanying persons and other interested persons,
- workshop organization for all age groups,
- providing support in the implementation of university programs,
- exploration of the model and the possibility of exploiting industrial heritage for tourism purposes and making proposals for its revitalization and revival,
- connecting with international partners,
- cross-sectoral cooperation,
- elaboration of elaborates and strategies related to cultural goods,
- promotion of cultural heritage.